Note: We only deliver to Manchester, NH. If you know someone that is interested in starting this type of business in your area let us know. We are happy to help.
We grow, harvest and sell fresh local microgreens
New orders take 10 – 14 days to grow as we only deliver the freshest microgreens possible. We will time that planning with our next available delivery date.
Queen City Garden is proud to announce a new local food delivery service for Manchester, NH! Freshly grown microgreens delivered to your home. We provide this service on a monthly subscription basis and you can cancel anytime.
Our microgreens are grown indoors in a chemical-free controlled environment
We harvest and deliver on the same day so you always get the freshest microgreens! We deliver on the first and third Sunday of the month.
During the growing season, we will include other crops from micro-farm including salad mix, spinach, pattypan squash, radishes, salad turnips, cherry tomatoes and other things too!
Microgreens are plant shoots around 7-20 days old. They are tender and packed with flavor and nutrition. In fact, a 2012 nutritional analysis study by the University of Maryland found that microgreens were 4-40 times more nutrient-dense than their mature counterparts (https://agnr.umd.edu/news/mighty-microgreens). So eating a cup of radish microgreens is similar to eating 30-40 cups of mature radishes. Subscribe and throw out your multi-vitamins!
We are offering a limited number of subscriptions in 2020. This is how the subscription works:
- Your home must be within our delivery area – Greater Manchester.
- If you are not within our delivery area, please send us an email (email@example.com) if you know someone locally that would like to start this kind of business. We are happy to offer training.
- Choose to receive a share once or twice per month.
- After you sign up we will plant your microgreens so that they are ready for the next delivery day.
- We deliver on the first and third Saturday of the month.
- You leave a cooler outside and let us know where it is.
- We will leave your microgreens and an ice pack.
- If you have two reusable containers you want to use just label them with your name and we will harvest your microgreens and put them in that contain for delivery.
- If you are not available to receive them on Saturday let us know during the delivery week and you can come and pick them up at the Autonomous Garden on Sundays.
- We rotate the variety of microgreens to keep things interesting! Varieties include Sweet Pea, Sunflower, Radish, Mild Salad Mix, Spicy Mix, Bread & Butter Mix, Arugula, and more.
All greens are grown without chemicals, and with love. Microgreens are all grown at our micro-farm near Hallsville School.
Closing the waste loop with local composting
We are also experimenting with a local composting program for a small group of our customers that would like to participate. Did you know that 1/3 of all waste that goes to the city dump could be composted?
When we deliver your microgreens we can also deliver a container for you to put your vegetable and newspaper scraps in. We will then take these waste materials and turn them into the soil we use on our micro-farm using vermicomposting. This allows you to return your waste nutrients into the soil instead of it sitting in a dump getting contaminated; never to be useful again.
If you are interested in this trial program please send us an email at